I realized that in the Christmas/Moving craziness this past year, I forgot to upload all the ponies I made for gifts.
Without a doubt my most complicated pony ever! She started life as a baity Sprinkles. I made armatures out of foil and wire for the wing pods and the back of the ship, then sculpted over with Apoxie sculpt. It was only after then that I realized the pony was no longer going to stand up, so I decided to attach her to a base. In order to do so I had to open the bottom of the feet and put fishing weights in three of the four, then close them up with Apoxie. Additional apoxie was used to build a "ramp" for her. This was all AFTER everything had been painted and sealed, so then I had to touch up the paint and reseal it.
I wish I was better at sculpting. I must say though that I learned a LOT from this attempt and know that I'm only going to get better with practice. So, bring on the crazy projects, I say!
Everything is painted with acrylics. I wanted her to look like a beat up old space-weary ship, so I started with a base coat of black. I then dry-brushed light brown over the black, then finished up with metallic silver. The effect in person is quite nice. (Not to toot my own horn, but what I lack in sculpting skills right now I seem to make up for in being able to get special effects from paint...)
Eyes are done with metallic silver. Once the paint was done I painted some details on in black.
Base is just wood with black paint and the Serenity logo painted on it. Fastest part of the whole project!